Garcia said “We were great for seconds on end.” I was lucky to see Jerry play for about 1,000,000 seconds exactly. Thanks for your 1,000,000 views here . Dave Davis wrote this blog for 500 posts and 5 years from 2015 to 2019. Contact me at twitter @gratefulseconds

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Unsung UC Santa Barbara Show Feb 27: Second of 1977

What's up southern Cal?  David Lemieux says there are two 1977 shows with board tapes in the Vault now and they are this one from Santa Barbara and the June 4 show at the Shrine Forum (thanks Dudley) near DTLA.

Lucky there is a shark audience (one only) on the archiveSony ECM-280> Sony TC-153SD ACM> R>DAT> CDR taped by Dr. Rob Bertrando; via Raoul Duke; Seeded to etree by Matt Vernon.

I like this show because it still has one foot in 1976 (Half Step, Music Never Stops and standalone Scarlet to close the first set with a St Stephen, NFA and Dew in the second), but also showcases Estimated in the middle of set one and Terrapin into that Morning Dew in set two.

I still was in high school during this show so no way I could get from Andover to California. I'd have to wait eight weeks to see the Springfield show, my 4th after 3 in 1976.







Very few archives I've found from this one, but at least two amazing Ed Perlstein photos exist:

Belli Deli

The Deli on Phil's Shirt was  2 miles from where I lived Summer '79
This was my favorite Jerry look


There is a bit more info and a great review on the archive from Mind Wondrin' which I present here.
I like the flavor from being at the show added (listen).



1977-02-27 Robertson Gym - University Of California Santa Barbara, CA

New Minglewood Blues
 Loser
El Paso
Ramble On Rose
Estimated Prophet
Peggy-O
Good Lovin'
Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo
The Music Never Stopped
Scarlet Begonias



Samson And Delilah
\Saint Stephen>
Not Fade Away>
Drums>
Terrapin Station
> Morning Dew
Sugar Magnolia

Johnny B. Goode

http://www.dailybreeze.com/article/ZZ/20101110/NEWS/101119914

https://wslr.org/yesterdays-dead-today-monday-feb-27th-7-9pm/

http://headyversion.com/show/892/grateful-dead/1977-02-27/




No comments: