Garcia said “We were great for seconds on end.” I was lucky to see Jerry play for about 1,000,000 seconds exactly. Thanks for your 1,000,000 views here . Dave Davis wrote this blog for 500 posts and 5 years from 2015 to 2019. Contact me at twitter @gratefulseconds

Friday, December 9, 2016

The Grateful Dead "Surprising Good" Opening for Cream in Sacramento March 11, 1968


Yes, I have seen the Dead at the very small Sacramento Memorial Auditorium. No I didn't see this show.  It would have been cool if both bands played Sitting on Top of The World.
Mick Martin wrote an excellent review. Wonder where you are now??



The show with Cream was the Dead's second Sactramento appearance.  The first was at the Beaux Arts Ball in December, 1966


And the Dead also played another show on 10-5-1968 in Sacramento at discussed here in the Express on October 10.  I have only seen the Youngbloods listed before and not the other groups




No comments: