Garcia said “We were great for seconds on end.” I was lucky to see Jerry play for about 1,000,000 seconds exactly. Thanks for your 1,000,000 views here . Dave Davis wrote this blog for 500 posts and 5 years from 2015 to 2019. Contact me at twitter @gratefulseconds

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Stellar Second Marks Return To Albuquerque, 1977-10-07

They were bummed a little in New Mexico, a Fall 1977 show with no Casey Jones or Truckin'. Even though we haven't the whole show, I expect this whole thing is now in the vault.   This show was performed at the Pit at the University of New Mexico and I wonder how many got to see it.


Mississippi Half-Step; Jack Straw ; Peggy-O ; El Paso ; They Love Each Other ; Big River ; Dupree's Diamond Blues ; Let It Grow ; Deal

Pretty sprite Iko (much different when I heard in Colgate 11-4-77).  Pretty powerful Wharf Rat.

Samson And Delilah ; Sunrise ; Ramble On Rose ; Passenger ; Terrapin Station > Playing In The Band > Drums > Iko Iko > The Wheel > Wharf Rat > Sugar Magnolia, One More Saturday Night

Pretty nifty Charlie Miller, also a big chunk of King Biscuit Flower Hour.   Nice to see the Grateful Dead even play in New Mexico. I suspect a much better show than usually considered here.  I do really love the Iko. Did I say that already?  And I forgot, The tracks on the bonus road trips CD are Iko, Wheel, Wharf, Sugar. Big forget :)





A few good comments on archive.org

It was a good thing all went well at the concert in November 1971.  It gave the Dead permission to return to New Mexico. And it only took six years.

November 18, 1971 (FM Broadcast, by the way)














No comments: