Garcia said “We were great for seconds on end.” I was lucky to see Jerry play for about 1,000,000 seconds exactly. Thanks for your 1,000,000 views here . Dave Davis wrote this blog for 500 posts and 5 years from 2015 to 2019. Contact me at twitter @gratefulseconds

Saturday, May 20, 2017

35 Years Ago on May 21, 22, 23 1982: Weekend at the Greek



Happy 25 35th anniversity to the three marvelous shows at Berkeley's Greek on May 21-22-23 in 1982.  These were my second set of three Greek shows following the return in 1981 and there are three very nice Charlie Miller soundboards (Charlie FLACs   MP3s).  This follows my 2015 global Greek piece on the Mecca
http://gratefulseconds.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-mecca-berkeleys-greek-theater.html

Greeks always started 7PM Friday, 5PM Saturday and 3PM Sunday so you would always get a different mood settting over the Golden Gate, depending on your location and the night of the weekend. At the Greek, you would typically get about 60 different songs and amazing playing of what the Dead were doing at the time.   While Deadbase barely lists any of these shows in the top-20 of the year, I say BS, the Greek is where you wanted to see shows in the early and mid-1980s, no hands down.  The feeling, the atmosphere, the view, the fans, the walk from my house, the Sunday afternoon 3pm Shakedown, it had it all.

Make sure to check out the Playin>Uncle John's>Remarkable Jam on Friday. But, just explore it all. I will always love the Greek the most


My super 8 footage was accepted into the new Grateful Dead documentary, but I couldn't find the original super 8. Drat! But you can see Cormac and Rick Sullivan here and maybe yourself and they ended up using two different one second segments

Jim McDonnell jim

10/4/16
to Annieme
Hi David,
I hope that this finds you well and I apologize for the long silence regarding the forthcoming Grateful Dead documentary project.  We are finally in the home stretch and we will hopefully be using a small portion of your footage in this project.   We would be very interested in obtaining your original Super 8 film elements for a new HD scan transfer for our usage.   Per our original conversations, we will be licensing at the rate of $25/second for footage and additionally we will supply you with a new HD transfer of your footage on a drive when we return your film(s) to you.   I've looped in Annie Salsich from the production who can give you all the shipping information in regards to sending your film elements.   I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best wishes,
Jim
I'm sad I lose my originals

No comments: